SKEANIE Baby, Toddler and Kids Gumboots in Rainbow Stripe are made from soft natural rubber with a cotton lining. Perfect for little feet that love to jump in puddles.
Natural rubber has similar properties to leather. Please ensure the care instructions below are followed.
* Never use the edge of a step, or the toe of the alternate boot to push boots off your feet. This may result in heel spitting.
* Rinse boots thoroughly after every use. Wipe/sponge your wellies and allow them to dry naturally.
* Only use mild detergent. Never use solvents, as these will break down the silicon coating on the boots.
* Store in a cool, dry, dark place and never store boots whilst still damp.
* Avoid storage near sources of artificial heat or direct sunlight. Exposure to these elements will cause cracking and the colour to fade.
* Do not store boots folded or creased.
* Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight may contribute to drying out and stiffening of rubber. This will result in splitting.
Please note that wear and tear is not considered to be a fault of the product. It is in the very nature of Gumboots that they will end up WORN OUT. We cannot guarantee that your boots will last a whole season or last more than one season. They are often used in muddy puddles, on farms, on rough soft fall in playgrounds and we have even seen heels and the top of boots used as a brake when scooting - all of which inevitably result in scratches and holes.
SKEANIE Shoes for Kids are podiatry-designed and approved in Australia and our Toddler and Pre-walker leather baby shoes have been awarded the Seal of Acceptance by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA). Podiatrists and paediatricians recommend light-weight, flexible-soled shoes for your baby and toddler.
They say necessity is the mother of invention. And when new mother Natasha Barber had her first child in 2005 and couldn’t find the right kind of soft, quality shoes for her precious baby’s feet, she decided to do something about it – create her own. Her own company, that is. Natasha began to research tirelessly about foot health and development and was initially surprised to discover very little information or education available. It sparked in her the need to delve even deeper. What began as an interest in podiatry, turned into a passion for manufacturing shoes. It resulted in Natasha launching her own company, SKEANIE Shoes for Kids.
DID YOU KNOW?
A baby’s foot contains more cartilage than bone. Although the structure of the foot develops fully by the first two years, the bones themselves do not fully develop and harden until around the age of 13. The greatest changes in the foot occur in the first three years. Children’s feet endure three times more stress than the average adult foot. A child’s foot sweats twice as much as an adult’s foot!